Searching for a customer, publication information, a product, customer notes or promotions is easier than ever. It is NOT necessary to route to SVCDAT/CTM to search for your customer or to CIRPUB to look for information about your publication. Simply use the icon (or the associated hot key) to access the appropriate search dialog box.
These icons are available at EVERY view - even views without Order Entry capability (CDSOPR...).
The icons - in order from left to right - are as follows:
- Blue & yellow figurines: Customer Lookup (Control key plus number 1 key = CTL-1)
- Darker blue square icon: Inventory Lookup (CTL-2)
- Orange figure with pen: Customer Notes (CTL-3)
- Orange square icon: Publication Information (CTL-4) - see issues, rates, delivery codes and much more
- White square icon: next Due Notes (CTL-5) - sort in reverse order by Due Date
- Open envelope icon: Promotion Finder (CTL-6) - Old fashioned value list works on the Promo Code at the bottom of the dialog box
- Yellow figurine: Customer Overview (CTL-7) - for current session customer
- Orange figure in frame: Customer Portrait (CTL-8) - for current session customer
- Scissors in box: Coupon Information for customer and for coupon (CTL-0) - as of 2007r2
- Red phone: Call Tracking icon (CTL-9)
These ten icons can save you time and effort when looking up information, whether checking up on something or working with a customer.