Working with data entry scripts can be challenging because of the number of fields they contain.
Beginning at revision 2011R1 you can quickly get to a specific data entry field with the new filter.
All data entry scripts can be viewed with the CDSSYS/DES view.
The FAST-OE script called ADV-NEW FAST displayed below shows the new filter box on the Select Phase line.
Remember, you can check the "Show advanced elements and enable Move Up/Down" check box located just above the Select Phase line to view more data entry fields.
Initially, the filter is blank and all the fields display.
The filter evaluates only fields included in the customized set of columns chosen to show in the list frame window. For example, if the "Adv. Caption" isn't part of the set of columns shown at the top of the list frame, it won't be evaluated by the filter. To change the chosen set of columns to display in the list frame, click the "Customize…" button. The "Customize…" button is just below the lower right-hand corner of the list frame (see above). Use it to add fields to the chosen set of columns.
Now let's use the filter box to locate a data entry field so we can change the prompt.
Let's say you want to change the purchase order prompt from the Advantage default "Customer PO #" to "Purchase Order #".
1) Make sure the column of the field you are filtering is included in the list frame customized set of columns
- Click the "Customize…" button and add "Your Caption" to column list
- Move the "Your Caption" field so it displays after "Adv. Caption" in the column list by
- Clicking on the "Your Caption" field then click the "Move Up" button in the Customize view
- Click Ok to close the Customize view
2) Type "customer PO" in the Filter Box
3) The Field and the Phase it belongs in show in the list frame
4) Fill in the Script Caption – which is "Your Caption" in the list frame
5) Now you can filter for "Your Caption" value or the "Adv. Caption" value