Books and Products
From its beginning in 1979, Advantage has been designed with total integration in mind. Whether you're selling online content, subscriptions, books or other products, you can manage them all in one integrated system.
- order processing
- inventory management
- discounting structures, including volume & promotion discounts and assorting
- Electronic Data Interchange
- automatic up-selling and cross-selling tools
- campaign and promotion management
- comprehensive sales analysis with roll-up
- products, including products, subscriptions, digital, and other products and conferences
Advantage has functionality for books or any type of 1-shot product you sell. Features such as:
- rush ships
- back ordering
- partial shipments
- pre-publication orders
- shipping & handling
can apply to any book or product. Catalog sales, packages, retail & wholesale pricing, volume discounting and other marketing schemes are all part of the Advantage one-shot offering.
Advantage supports your retail sales, whether to the consumer, business or academic markets. Features include:
- Returns management
- "License plating"
- Back-order management
- Warehouse control
- Standing order sales
Advantage clients include many textbook publishers, who make use of the pertinent features of the software, including:
- Adoption tracking
- Preview orders
- Sales rep commission management
- Contract pricing
- Royalty management
Advantage has everything you need to sell products to your customers, including:
- Inventory and warehouse management
- Catalog sales support
- Automatic upselling
- campaign and promotion management, and
- sales analysis
The Book Club module is one way for you to offer continuity series to your customers. With Book Club, you can define one or more product series into which you can enroll your customers. Once customers have become members of a product series, Advantage will automatically select qualified customers, determine which product or products they should receive, and generate product orders for fulfillment. Book club provides you with absolute flexibility to adjust product offerings and timing of order generation based on responses, selections, tests or other factors.
The Standing Order module offers another type of continuity series that you can market to your customers. It's a product series driven package that allows customers to belong to one or more standing order groups (based on author, subject or other characteristics), and based on those groups, Advantage will automatically create orders, according to user-requested frequencies, and update the analysis database. Standing Order allows you complete freedom in setting up the rules and regulations of the orders.
And then there's the Commissions module, which calculate sales rep commissions. Commissions offers great flexibility in defining which commission rate applies to sales made through the Product Order and Circulation modules.
Advantage offers a complete inventory tracking system with flexible and comprehensive price discounting capability. You can use it to:
- Track inventory quantities by location (multi-warehouse and multi-bin).
- Calculate cost of goods.
- Adjust inventory quantities, due to a transfer of inventory to a different stock bin or warehouse; damage to inventory stock; or reserving stock for future use.
- Track and analyze your sales. The Inventory Management module is fully integrated with the Product Order and Sales Analysis capabilities in Advantage.
Advantage offers a Royalty module, which allows you to create author, songwriter or artist contracts with rules based on factors such as type of sale, quantity breaks, and author advances. Integrated with product order, it automatically calculates royalty liability, tracks adjustments, creates royalty statements, and manages accounting entries.
The Advantage eCommerce capability allows your customers to perform online, real-time entry of orders and other self-service functions and provides the same access to customer, digital, subscription, order and payment data to Web users as your customer service reps have. A vast library of methods is available in the API for your webmaster and the Web module can be run with web services. The Advantage Web module offers:
- Gatekeeper functions
- Customer self-service
- Subject-based product searches (account details, orders, renewals)
- Suggestions to customer as to other products of interest to them, based on their browsing history
- Allows for automatic emails to be sent to a customer upon making a change or adding an order