Digital Media/Online Content
Using the AMB (Access Management and Billing) functionality, Advantage manages orders and access for all types of digital media, from your online newsletter to content databases.
Access Management and Billing
- Sets up, maintains and bills for access to content, including "personalized" content and site licenses
- Creates access agreements with unlimited or controlled number of participants
- Provides ability to quote a price
- Allows management of expires, renewals and invoicing
- Maintains authentication information (user name, password, IP address, IP range, etc.)
- Can serve as the gatekeeper for your online content, managing entitlements
- Manages distribution of electronic publications
The Access Management and Billing (AMB) module in Advantage allows you to offer whatever type of access agreement you choose, including pay-per-view. This model allows you to charge readers each time they choose to access your content.
Number of Downloads
The Access Management and Billing (AMB) module in Advantage allows you to offer access to content based on a specified number of log-ins or downloads, with no limit. A customer may be allowed to log in ten times, for example, and such log-ins may be spread across a week's time or over several years.
The Access Management and Billing (AMB) module in Advantage allows you to offer access to content for a specified time period of your choice. The customer may log in as many times as they want to within the active time period. When the time period is drawing to a close, you can promote them to renew their access.
Many Advantage clients offer magazines and newsletters in both print and digital form. Advantage manages both with equal ease, and of any issue frequency you choose to offer.
Do you send the content to your subscribers instead of directing them to your website? Advantage can handle this type of distribution as well. Logic to determine eligibility is reviewed based on your desired frequency.
Advantage is the only tool you need to handle sales to large consortia or other site licenses. Determination of holdings, tracking of migrations and additional sites, pricing and weighting options and allocation of income is all at your fingertips to both establish and track. Pricing models are constantly changing, and Advantage is designed to handle them. If your organization depends on the "big deal" Advantage is the solution for you to manage entitlements, site licenses and agreements with consortia members.
The Advantage eCommerce capability allows your customers to perform online, real-time entry of orders and other self-service functions and provides the same access to customer, digital, subscription, order and payment data to Web users as your customer service reps have. A vast library of methods is available in the API for your webmaster and the Web module can be run with web services. The Advantage Web module offers:
- Gatekeeper functions
- Customer self-service (account details, orders, renewals)
- Subject-based product searches
- Suggestions to customer as to other products of interest to them, based on their browsing history
- Allows for automatic emails to be sent to a customer upon making a change or adding an order