The number of articles, opinion pieces and blog posts shared on the web every day can be overwhelming, but keeping up with industry trends helps us stay ahead of the curve. Here are 5 topics that captured our attention this week:
- “Ads perform better when they appear alongside high-quality content”, finds a new comScore study
- Joe Webb explores the success of small and independent publishers at LanePress
- Adult coloring books have been wildly successful with over 12 million copies sold in the US in 2015. Two Canadian publishers are jumping on the bandwagon by incorporating coloring pages into their magazines.
- Declining revenue from print advertising has been a challenge for publishers – can a renewed focus on reader revenue make up for it? UPPERCASE magazine is the latest example of this trend
- “Publishing is built on innovation”, says Abba Newbery and shares seven practical tips for creating a successful innovation culture