The number of articles, opinion pieces and blog posts shared on the web every day can be overwhelming, but keeping up with industry trends helps us stay ahead of the curve. Here are 5 topics that caught our attention this week:
- Serial captured the imagination of not just its listeners, but also of publishers looking to podcasts as a new revenue stream. However, the LA Times used the format in a print series and found that it worked surprisingly well in attracting new subscribers
- A new Magnetic study finds that online magazine media is 41% more effective at delivering brand KPIs than other online environments
- "Forbes magazine is at the highest print readership in its 99-year history" according to its editor Randall Lane, who concludes that "if you’re focused on the product, this can be a glorious time for print.”
- The success and expansion of Blendle has publishers asking if micropayments are the saving grace against falling subscription rates and ad revenue. Yet the Media Briefing warns of the pitfalls
- Optimizing subscription payment success rates is both an art and a science. We share five tips to fight chargebacks and credit card declines on the AdvantageCS blog
Have you come across a great article this week? Please share in the comments!