Last month, we held our 8th annual fundraiser for Hope Clinic, a local organization dedicated to providing compassionate and practical help to those in need. With multiple AdvantageCS employees being regular contributors and volunteers, we have a deep relationship with the organization. But it goes beyond that: Hope Clinic was founded by our Vice President & Chief Product Manager, Dan Heffernan’s father back in 1982. Thirty-six years later, Hope Clinic is much more than a walk-in medical clinic; they also operate a dental clinic and run food programs, among other health & social services, to thousands of people across southeastern Michigan. All services are completely free.
According to Patti Radzik, Director of Development and Billy Kangas, Director of Community Engagement (pictured here), Hope Clinic’s 2018 priorities fall into the following focus areas:
• Underinsured — While governmental programs have reduced the number of uninsured individuals, many families struggle to fill the gap between their insurance coverage and medical needs. That’s where Hope Clinic’s two clinics come in.
• Dental care — Hope Clinic’s dental clinic is often fully booked, resulting in long waitlists. They are constantly seeking ways to accommodate more patients.
• Food — Knowing that nutrition is crucial for overall health, Hope Clinic sources fresh produce and helps educates families how to cook meals that are not only healthy, but delicious.
• Toiletries — Hope Clinic collects and distributes personal hygiene & baby care items, household cleaning supplies, and even manages a free laundry facility in Ypsilanti.
• Mental health & substance use disorders — In an effort to better meet the needs of the community, Hope Clinic has partnered with another local organization, Dawn Farm, on residential, outpatient and detoxification programs.
We are thrilled to support Hope Clinic’s incredible work with a donation of $14,540 (which comprises employee contributions and company matching funds). We look forward to seeing Dr. Heffernan’s vision come to life for many more years to come.