Wow, it has been a while since we provided an update on Cider. If you need a refresher, you can read my previous posts here and here. In short, Cider is our fully integrated eCommerce platform. So, what have we been up to? A lot! First and foremost, Cider is live! It was made available earlier this year with the 2015 annual release of Advantage. We continue to be hard at work with client implementations, modifications, and R&D.
There are currently three clients live on Cider.
- Jerry Baker - Jerry Baker's store offers high-quality home and health products while allowing customers to mix-and-match bundled offerings.
- Palm Coast Data - The primary focus here was targeted self-service landing pages for subscribers served through email notifications.
- Ogden Publications - Ogden employs a sophisticated multi-tenant model for its eCommerce and self-service activity.
In addition to these projects, we have been hard at work on our current phase of R&D. We have wrapped up the following projects in the last few months.
- Notes - Customers can submit customer service requests through dynamic forms that are mapped to Advantage's note activity system for resolution. The customer can view submitted messages with any status updates.
- Conference & Event - Advantage's Conference & Event module is now supported through the Cider shopping cart and self-service functions. Customers can register for events and adjust the registrations as necessary.
- Angular - We implemented the Angular framework for Cider to improve the solution for architecture and performance improvements.
- We began implementing a Single Sign-On (SSO) solution. The goal is to provide our clients an access and authentication solution allowing their customers a seamless experience across all of their systems. [Beware - here be technical details.] The current direction involves a cloud-based SaaS solution using a NoSQL data architecture for extensibility and scalability. Whew. We will, however, be discussing this more in the future.
The other projects that we have waiting in the Cider R&D queue include:
Package enhancements. While there is support for packages, our goal is to expand purchasing and self-service options to include more complex functionality that Advantage natively supports. For example, allowing customers to create their own packages and allowing customers to upgrade from a lesser package to a greater package.
Marketing promotional landing pages flexibility. Cider currently supports several layouts for promotional landing pages. We will be expanding that and putting more power in the hands of marketers to create their own templates through a simple drag-and-drop interface.
Social networking/community tools. We want to include more social networking/community tools, such as sharing products with Facebook friends.
As you can see, we're committed to improving and expanding Cider across many fronts---architecture, marketing, new features, etc. We're also very excited about what the next phase of R&D might look like... stay tuned for a future update when we can share that information.
Want more info? Want to see a demo? Email your account manager for more information.