The number of articles, opinion pieces and blog posts shared on the web every day can be overwhelming, but keeping up with industry trends helps us stay ahead of the curve. Here are 5 pieces that captured our attention this week:
- Cable Neuhaus discusses The Good and the Bad in the Art of Magazines, from special issues to tweaking logotypes.
- Media is a numbers game, and Dan Calladine at The Media Briefing talks us through 8 metrics that show where media consumers spend their time.
- The Washington Post has been successful at turning site visitors into digital subscribers. Digiday describes the multi-faceted approach, from technical improvements to data mining, that underlies this development.
- On the Prisync blog, Irene Gutierrez shares her tips for optimizing the conversion funnel and increasing conversion rates during eCommerce checkout (by the way, our eCommerce platform Cider allows you to put all of these into practice!).
- Pokemon GO has us all talking about Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Publishers are embracing the trend as well, says Becky Peterson at Folio.