The number of articles, opinion pieces and blog posts shared on the web every day can be overwhelming, but keeping up with industry trends helps us stay ahead of the curve. Here are 5 topics that captured our attention this week:
- ABC releases its latest figures for the UK and Ireland, but is there a story the numbers don't tell?
- 'Diversification' is a buzzword in magazine publishing these days. Jen Wong, Time Inc.'s new Digital Chief, explains the right and wrong ways to integrate eCommerce with editorial content
- With diversification comes atomization---creating bite-sized content that can be shared on a number of different platforms. FIPP investigates the reasons behind this trend and finds that atomization allows publishers to engage their audience with targeted content that is adapted to different channels
- PricewaterhouseCoopers publishes its Global Media Outlook for the upcoming 5 years. What are the key takeaways? The Media Briefing sums up the findings
- Is the distinction between print and digital media consumption useful? A recent study finds significant overlap between magazine brands' print and digital audiences, and makes the case that publishers should attempt to reach consumers across any medium available to them.
Have you come across a great article this week? Please share in the comments!