The number of articles, opinion pieces and blog posts shared on the web every day can be overwhelming, but keeping up with industry trends helps us stay ahead of the curve. Here are 5 topics that captured our attention this week:
- Both business and editorial benefit from continuous efforts to improve the user experience at publishers like Slate and The Atlantic.
- Magazine publishers share their best mistakes with Folio and describe the lessons they learned from them.
- In a surprising throwback to the early days of the internet, email newsletters are making a comeback and are proving to be successful publishing strategy with teens and millennial women.
- Speaking of teens, Refinery29 interviewed 15 industry experts on the state of teen magazines in 2016.
- "Print-first" or "digital-first"? James Tye, CEO of Dennis Publishing, makes the case for putting the consumer first. He suggests using the consumer to determine which products a publisher should be focusing on.
What industry insights have you come across this week? Please share in the comments!