A round-up of publishing industry news
The number of articles, opinion pieces and blog posts shared on the web every day can be overwhelming, but keeping up with industry trends helps us stay ahead of the curve. Here are 5 topics that captured our attention this week:
- Project management is an evolving discipline, and five new trends are emerging that could reshape the current project management landscape. Of course the goal of every project is to actually go live, and our own Paul DesRosiers describes what it takes to manage a successful cutover.
- Pew Research Center published its 13th annual State of the News Media report. The Media Briefing sums up key findings.
- Forbes interviews Dr. Samir Husni, a.k.a. Mr. Magazine. He shares why "print won't die" and which initiatives make magazine publishers successful today.
- AdvantageCS has clients on both sides of the pond, and understanding the differences between the different markets is key. But there are lots of commonalities too, finds AOL in a survey of US and UK publishers.
- "In addition to subscriber demographics derived from print, media owners [can] now report on visits, clicks, opens, time spent on a particular platform, frequency of use, and shares," and publishers are finding new ways to report on engagement metrics that meet their advertisers' needs.
Have you come across a great article this week? Please share in the comments!