The number of articles, opinion pieces and blog posts shared on the web every day can be overwhelming, but keeping up with industry trends helps us stay ahead of the curve. Here are 5 topics that captured our attention this week:
- Wired is launching a membership program for executives who want to stay on the cutting edge of technology, with access to exclusive events and content
- Moving photos in newspapers, a whimsical detail of the Harry Potter universe, have inspired Empire magazine in the UK to embed a video player into the back cover of their latest issue---just in time for the premiere of the new Harry Potter spinoff, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"
- Virtual Reality has opened up new possibilities for publishers, but is there a 'right' way to use VR for storytelling? The New York Times has found answers to this question
- The Good explores nine ways to increase the average order value on eCommerce websites---many of them can be implemented through our eCommerce platform Cider
- In our increasingly digital world, telling stories in person may seem almost anachronistic, yet nonfiction storytelling events are gaining traction and selling out shows across the US
What industry insights have you come across this week? Please share in the comments!