The number of articles, opinion pieces and blog posts shared on the web every day can be overwhelming, but keeping up with industry trends helps us stay ahead of the curve. Here are 5 topics that captured our attention this week:
- Are paywalls the answer to declining digital ad revenue? FIPP reports on the options
- Consultant John Wilpers shares five tips for the transition from legacy publishing to multi-media platforms
- The recent rise of email newsletters has not only helped publishers to directly engage their audiences, but allows them to experiment with new product ideas
- Magazines Canada recently organized a webinar on how editors can make use of web analytics. The metrics such as audience size, geography, preferences, likes and wants, can help set editorial priorities
- Netflix binges are nothing new, but is binging on magazines a new trend now? New apps make that a possibility, reports Min Online
What industry insights have you come across this week? Please share in the comments!