The number of articles, opinion pieces and blog posts shared on the web every day can be overwhelming, but keeping up with industry trends helps us stay ahead of the curve. Here are 5 topics that captured our attention this week:
- Publishers including Mashable and Hearst are expanding their data teams. From machine learning to augmented reality, data scientists can help with audience building and monetization
- Another example of successful data mining comes from IDG, where customer data shapes editorial content and helps bridge the gap between editorial and eCommerce
- The rise of email newsletters comes with a measurable benefit: they enable publishers to monetize readers at a time when AdBlock makes display ads less and less profitable
- Digiday explores how publishers bring sophistication to eCommerce
- And on the AdvantageCS blog, Paul DesRosiers walks us through the Theory of Constraints and how it can be applied to improving call center workflows
What industry insights have you come across this week? Please share in the comments!