The number of articles, opinion pieces and blog posts shared on the web every day can be overwhelming, but keeping up with industry trends helps us stay ahead of the curve. Here are 5 topics that captured our attention this week:
- Did you know that National Geographic is the number one media brand on Instagram? Now Snapchat is becoming another key revenue driver for the brand
- The Monetising Media '16 conference wrapped up last week, and The Media Briefing shares a round-up of lessons learned
- Do you make the most of your post-purchase emails such as order and shipping confirmations? From offering cross-sells to asking for reviews, The Good makes the case that post-purchase emails can be a powerful factor in growing sales revenue
- French publishers are teaming up in an effort to stave off ad blocking. “It’s important to do it collectively…we are all competitors, but we’re not afraid to lose those readers because we’re all in the same position”, Bertrand Gié, head of new media at Le Figaro, tells Digiday
- With all eyes on digital and video strategies, newsstand doesn't get the attention it once did---but Pub Exec explains why newsstand promotions are still a cornerstone of publishing success
What industry insights have you come across this week? Please share in the comments!