Friday Five for August 26th
Every day, the number of articles, opinion pieces, and blog posts shared on the internet can be overwhelming but staying up to date on industry trends allows us to stay ahead of the curve. Here are five issues that sparked our interest this week:
- The 74th Frankfurter Buchmesse, which takes place from October 19 – 23, is expected to attract 4,000 exhibitors from more than 80 countries. – Read the full article
- The Journalism Competition and Preservation Act would force Google and Meta to pay for journalism, boosting small digital publishers. – Read the full article
- A decrease in Amazon orders at numerous publishing companies has sparked theories about the cause, but Amazon says it remains devoted to working with publishers to promote sales of their products. – Read the full article
- Google is not a publisher, according to the High Court of Australia. The decision, which legal experts think could have far-reaching consequences for the general public… - Read the full article
- MoviePass, the movie subscription service has announced that its returning next month… - Read the full article
What industry insights have you come across this week?